My Spring Decor

Hi there lovelies! It's been a very busy week for me and my family. Many birthdays and name days
to come so it requires a lot of preparation. Moreover, Easter is approaching and we have to dye eggs,
bake cookies etc. Anyways, I found the time to add some spring touches into my home and I'm here to 
share them with you. First up is my kitchen wall. Remember the wall behind the table when I showed you
my kitchen? Well I was thinking for some time what to do with it. I've been meaning to remove 
the decals and add some frames, but I hadn't decided what kind of print.
So, a little trip to IKEA helped me out! I bought some RIBBA frames and some
flower prints and here is the result: 

 

I really like how it turned out. It adds a sping like feeling into our kitchen and I'm thinking
of changing the prints according to season in the future. It took me some time to get them straight
on the wall. I had to lay them down to come up with the right fix.
 
And I didn't use any nails. Instead I used a double-sided tape, that I attached to all four
corners of the frame and I then I attached them on the wall with the help of a spirit level, while
before I had put marks on the wall with a pencil first.
This way it was easier to achieve correct and straight distances between all six of the frames. 
 
As for the decals.... they are now decorating the tiles behind the kitchen sink!

Next up is the fireplace mantel. This has been difficult to decorate since it's situated in a corner of our
living room right next to the balcony doors and the shape of the fireplace is semicircle.  The solution to
 this is the repeated low objects as per the advise of my beloved Houzz. So I just added some fresh
flowers, a few Easter eggs that I placed in a transparent vase and bowl, a bunny and that's it.
Nothing fancy truly, but simple decor that smells like spring!






Photobucket
*Linking up with these link parties and this. Check them out for a ton of crafts and projects! *

Thanks for Making This Possible! Spread The Word!

33 comments:

  1. Μπήκες στο πνεύμα ε; Καλά έκανες, το Πάσχα καταφτάνει σε μόνο 10 μέρες, είναι καιρός για στόλισμα! Τι όμορφα τα λουλουδάκια στο τζάκι! Και τα καδράκια του ΙΚΕΑ με τις ανάλογες φωτό... πανέμορφα!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and love the little candy lights you have flowers in. Don't forget my blog tomorrow it's scary.

    Hugs
    Elna

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice job on the prints, is that real marble or faux painting on your kitchen wall, looks great, regardless!

    sweet spring mantel too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the frames on the wall in a pattern!
    Busy cooking and baking here too! Thinking about the arni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your spring decor, haven't even put mine up yet. Been painting, painting, painting. Love the little bunnies and chick and the wall decals so darn cute. sorry you don't have a foyer, I always thought no one could have smaller then mine, but then realized no foyer is smaller. have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Μου άρεσε πολύ το τζάκι σου.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Τί όμορφα που τα έχεις στολίσει! Το σπιτάκι σου είναι υπέροχο! Έχεις υπέροχο γούστο!

    ReplyDelete
  8. πωπω τι πασχαλινες ομορφιες βλεπω..κατευθειαν μου φτιαξες τη διαθεση..τελειο το τζακι!
    πολλα πασχαλινα φιλακια

    ReplyDelete
  9. Πολύ όμορφα τα έχεις φτιάξει όλα! Μπράβο!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Πολυ ομορφα Ολγα μου τα πλακακια πολυ παιχνιδιαρικα και το τζακι μου αρεσε πολυ!!!!
    Καλη συνεχεια φιλια

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Σε ευχαριστώ κοριτσάκι!

      Delete
  11. Μου άρεσε πολύ η ιδέα της ταινίας διπλής όψεως αντί καρφιού στον τοίχο ;) Κανεις όποτε θες αλλαγες με αυτον τον τροπο :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χμμμ... για να δούμε πως θα τα ξεκολλήσω από τον τοίχο όμως!

      Delete
  12. what an interesting fireplace-i love it, it's so different, and you decorated in the perfect way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Πολύ όμορφα τα λουλούδια και στα καδράκια και στο τζάκι. Μύρισε άνοιξη! Και δες τώρα σύμπτωση 'Ολγα, έχω τα ίδια λαγουδάκια με τα δικά σου (+ ένα πράσινο)! Τζάκι δεν έχω όμως και τα στόλισα σε μια βιτρίνα στην κουζίνα. Καλό μας Πάσχα!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαχα! Σε ευχαριστώ Θεοδοσία μου!

      Delete
  14. ΜΠΡΑΒΟ ΟΛΓΑ!!Βλεπω στολισες!!!Εγω ποτε θα προλαβω...Το τζακι the best!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Δέσποινα05 April, 2012 23:11

    Πολύ έξυπνη η ιδέα με την ιδέα διπλής όψεως!!! Εγώ χρησιμοποιώ blue tac, όταν δεν θέλω να κάνω τρύπες, αλλά με την ζέστη ξεκολλάει. Είναι σταθερά τα καδράκια σου έτσι;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Δέσποινα όχι απλά είναι σταθερά αλλά έχει συμβεί το αντίθετο... δεν μπορώ να τα ξεκολλήσω με τίποτα! Δοκίμασα και με μαχαίρι αλλά φοβάμαι ότι θα βγεί σοβάς μαζί. Οταν θα έρθει το φθινόπωρο και θα θελήσω να αλλάξω τις παραστάσεις θα δω πως θα συμπεριφερθεί και θα σας πω! Πάντως ήταν ο μόνος τρόπος για να πετύχω ευθείες και ίσες αποστάσεις μεταξύ τους από το να έβαζα έξι καρφάκια!

      Delete
  16. Τι όμορφες φωτεινές εικόνες.! Τι χρώματα.Τα βαζάκι στο τζάκι είναι υπέροχα,μα και τα κοκοράκια με τα λαγουδάκι στην κουζίνα....τι όμορφα που φαίνεται το περβάζι σου!! Ομορφες κι οι κορνιζες...πανέμορφα μικρά πραγματάκια που κάνουν τη διαφορά!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. πολύ ωραίες οι κορνίζες, έδωσαν μια ανοιξιάτικη νότα!! και ο στολισμός πολύ ωραίος, και του χρόνου!Μράβο! Την επόμενη φορά πάρε ένα αλφάδι με λέιζερ, ένα μικρό πολύτιμο γκατζετάκι, που στην στιγμή βάζεις ότι θες στους τοίχους!!Καλημέρα!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty! I'm especially loving the flowers in the blue vases surrounding your mantel! And the little egg bunnies are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. mono emena mou fainontai ola kitsch??????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Χαχα! Γούστα είναι αυτά!

      Delete
    2. Style is very personal. It haw nothing to do with fashion. Fashion is over quickly. Style is forever.

      Delete
  20. Προφανως και ειναι γουστα αυτα....Αν και η κυρια title in progress θα επρεπε να γνωριζε πως το classy και τo chic δεν ειναι μονο στο πως βλεπουμε κατι αλλα και στην συμπεριφορα...Συγγνωμη Ολγα μου αλλα μου φανηκε πολυ αγενες το σχολιο...Whatever..

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the simplicity of the frames! And your mantel is stunning! Thanks for sharing and linkin up at The Foley Fam blog! I appreciate it :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for linking up to the Creative Genius Link Party!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loving it, Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  24. very effective, I like it very much. picture gallery in the kitchen looks way better than previous decals. great job, as always!

    xoxo
    millie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awww, I love the little chicks and eggs. Cute and springy all around! Thanks for partying with me at Drab to Fab. Here's the link to this weeks, party! Come on back to share more of your lovely ideas.

    http://www.amynjesse.com/2012/04/drab-to-fab-link-up-12-features.html

    Have a lovely weekend! :)

    Amy @ Sugar and Spice

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the white flowers and blue glass! More proof of the use-something-a-few-times-over to create a statement :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your Spring decor! I'm following now from the sharing time blog hop. Stop by my new blog sometime at http://2earthwithlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover