Guest Post: My Champagne Taste

Hey there Stardust fans! My name is Rasha.... I have a little Blog called  mychampagnetaste . I was so excited that Olga asked me to guest post , Me guest posting oh of course YESSSSSSS.

Today I will talk about 3 of my favorites projects:

1- My Silver Leaf Dresser:
If you hate sanding, then you should love silver leafing .Wood, laminates, glass, Plastic any surface can be silver leafed without any problem and it will look EXPENSIVE. You can check out the step by step tutorial at my blog.


2- Bye Bye IKEA
I have alot of furniture pieces from IKEA through out my house, and lately I dont like IKEA style at all Im more into vintagie antiquie style. So to have a unique sofa what is a better way than adding a nailhead trim and the best spacing tool is my not so lovely spoon.

3- My Turquoise Living and Dining Room:
I took so much time to finish this space and until now I don't consider it done: I need HOT PINK throw pillows...The whole space was decorated around my mom's painting and I couldn't be happier by the way it turned out to be. (P.S : these pictures don't do this space justice yes yes they don't ).
So what I DIYed in this space, no big furniture pieces but a lot of small touches like: The curtains, the mirrored coffee table, the fire place paint, I fixed the broken mirrored chest, painted the metal end tables, upholstered the dining room chairs, frosted the glass of the hutch.

So do you like my style if so I hope I can see you at my  home blog :) 

xoxo
Rasha

***************************************************

That was Rasha with the unbelievable silver dresser! Don't you just love this piece she's 
made? Check out her blog to see what else she's been busy with! I'm sure you're gonna 
love it as much as I do!
Photobucket
 Thanks for Making This Possible! Spread The Word!

16 comments:

  1. Hey Olga I was just over admiring that metallic dresser earlier today and here Rasha is guest posting on your blog!

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh Thx alot Bliss...I cant believe that people are recognizing me from my silver dresser :)))))) Im becoming famous lol
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete
  2. Olga, you have great blog friends...!
    Congrats to Rasha and her nice name blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your sweet words!

      Delete
    2. Thx Dear ...yeap Olga is my great Mediterranean neighbor too :)))
      That silver leaf dresser is the reason why I named my blog cause it looked so expensize :))
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete
  3. Love these ideas! I cant wait to try the silver leaf technique!
    Emily thepostscriptofemilywilsondesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do try that take a lot of photos to show us!

      Delete
    2. It is so easy Emily once you get the hang of it ,you would want to silver leaf everything :)
      And like Olga said we will be waiting the pictures
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete
  4. Love that silver leaf dresser - what a great idea! I've been dying to try something with silver or gold leaf but never worked up the courgae. This is so pretty :)

    Anna (My Design Ethos)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anna like I told Emily...it is not the hard ...I was afraid too but once you try it you will know how easy it is...for any questions please let me know
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete
  5. I have been to her blog before she has a very pretty home! I am a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx Janae for visiting and liking my home :) Ohh now I clicked on your blog you are Sandy's daughter right?I love your home and your Moms too :)))
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete
  6. Rasha, what a crafty lady you are. the idea to nailhead trim the sofa is awesome. overall look of the room is fabulous so as your projects are. I'm a bit sad I didn't stumbled on your blog before.

    Olga, I love the guest blogging series...just keep 'em coming :)
    xoxo
    millie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx a million Millie...your sweer words just made my day :)
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete
  7. I will never ever get over that silver dresser...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh Thx alot dear...it is also my favorite piece in the house :)
      xoxo
      Rasha

      Delete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover