Crafts And More (by Kim at RePOSHture)

Boy Howdee! No I am not from the Midwest, I just like saying that. It sounds so fun. Hi I'm Kim from Reposhture! I consider myself a baby blogger as my blog is only a few months old but she is starting to roll over, with the help of people like Olga!  When she first asked me to guest post, I was really hoping it meant I would fly to Greece and post from her computer but she said no. Bummer. I am a guest posting virgin so I hope this goes well otherwise I may have to start stalking Olga =0)  

All kidding aside, I want to thank Olga so much for asking me to guest post on her amazing blog. I was
up all night thinking of things I wanted to write and make her glad she asked me since she has set a very
high bar, indeed.

So what do you want to know about me? I sometimes act blonder than I pay to be, I love to make
fun of myself because you can't take yourself too seriously, I love God, parentheses and exclamation
points, (no really! I do!). Initial art and run-on sentences and I sell painted furniture on the side, when
I am not being a full-time mom and wife, part-time audiologist, and part-time craft blogger.
That makes me like three kinds of tired.

I have made things my whole life and hardly ever use things the way they were meant to be used.
That would be boring and expensive and in my own  mind, I am amazingly fun, but really cheap.
One of my goals with my blog is to help people to look at things in a different light or use things in a
different way and inspire them to rethink the ordinary into the extraordinary. Often times my changes are
little but they make a big difference, sometimes it is a truly Ah Ha! moment and I have to do my happy
dance. I have seen some of your creations and I know you all are doing some pretty exciting happy
dances as well!!

Anyhoo, here are some of my most fun projects to date:

The materials: masking tape and floral wire

The result: Sunburst Mirror which is a knock-off of a Z Gallerie Phoenix mirror

The tutorial is on the blog in easy step-by step pics. This only took 3 hours!


or how about these materials: PVC plumbing pipe, vellum paper and Christmas lights?
You should have seen my hair...it looked like I was inside a snow globe


 Yes, I made custom light covers for my worn out outdoor lights out of plumbing supplies. The best part of this is once the pipe is cut, you can change this up for every holiday, special occasions, birthdays. The possibilities are endless and it only cost $9.54 for 3 sets of lights! Can you say Awe-some?

Here are three more "you used what for this project?" projects: sweaters!
Cashmere Chocolate bunnies
Sweater skirts
Felted Wool purse
And just so you don't think I am one-dimensional, here are some projects I have done around the house on the cheap....

What do you do when the top of you mantel has gone missing?
Branch out!

Here is our upstairs bathroom makeover. It went from this:
and this

to this
and this
and this
more plumbing supplies as candle holders.....

So I hope you have enjoyed a little overview of what I am about and you'll stop over to visit me. I love to meet new friends and have you inspire me.  Visit soon because I am sure you will want to see what crazy idea I have for these:
And it's not what you think:
 

Thank you again Olga for giving me the privilege of being a first time guest blogger. (I hope you 
don't live to regret it!)

Always being renewed,


**************************************************

Are you in love with that mantel as I am? Kim, yes we can absolutely say Awe-some! 
Making out so many cool stuff by using what?... plumbing supplies? This is outrageous! Why didn't we
all think of that before? LOL! I so much enjoy seeing creative people like Kim using their imagination
 for their crafts and DIYs! And you still haven't seen the IKEA hack she did the other day, I'm telling
you the woman is a craft-o-holic! So now you know what to do... hop on over to her blog and
show her some blog love!
Photobucket 
Thanks for Making This Possible! Spread The Word!

14 comments:

  1. AH-mazing! Going to visit her blog now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Φοβερή και με πολύ φαντασία. Μου άρεσε ιδιαίτερα η μεταμόρφωση του μπάνιου.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Olga(since you prefer English,i have to follow)
    Ι΄m glad you liked "my home"(blog-Mamadoparea)and wish to see you there more often!
    Loved the colours of your layout!xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Πολυ ενδιαφερον πρεπει να ειναι το Blog της !Παω να την επισκεφθω!Ευχαριστουμε πολυ Ολγα μου!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My, going to have to visit!! What great ideas and transformations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great ideas!!Πολύ ωραίο ποστ Όλγα, μπράβο, φοβερός ο καθρέφτης!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Olga! what a nice guest post full of such creative ideas!!! Good luck to Kim!
    Thanks for sharing how to do your beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a clever lady - off to check out her blog ! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey ladies, Thanks so much for the kind , sweet comments you have posted here as well as my blog! ANd even though I can't read Greek, I believe you are saying that all that wine I am drinking must be working......

    Thanks again and I hope you all can visit from time to time. i love making new friends!
    Kim@reposhture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow heading over there now thanks for sharing Olga ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so amazingly creative!!!! I love your blog!!

    Please feel free to check out/follow my blog! I would love to know what you think!
    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, Olga and Kim! The write-ups here will certainly help homemakers to make their home beautiful and appealing in a creative and fun way! And I do love what you did on your lighting fixtures! Who would have thought that you can create some interesting and pretty-looking lights using plumbing materials? Impressive job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there, Olga and Kim! The write-ups here will certainly help homemakers to make their home beautiful and appealing in a creative and fun way! And I do love what you did on your lighting fixtures! Who would have thought that you can create some interesting and pretty-looking lights using plumbing materials? Impressive job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! Kim is an amazing crafter!

      Delete

Your thoughtful comments keep me going! Feel free to share them!
However, I reserve the right to delete all anonymous comments and restrict comments that are irrelevant to the article, contain profanity or lack respect, personal attacks or those that seek to promote a personal or unrelated business.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Icon Icon Icon Icon Follow Me on Pinterest

spice up your blog
Pin It button on image hover